|Re-subscribe to Outreach, CBCN’s e-mail communications! |
If you’re wondering why you’re not receiving emails from CBCN anymore, perhaps you need to re-subscribe to our mailing list! In order to follow Canada’s new anti-spam legislation CBCN has had to ask all current subscribers to confirm their subscription. Don’t miss out on our newsletters and breast cancer news, SUBSCRIBE HERE.
|The Canadian Breast Cancer Network is seeking diverse board members with lived breast cancer experience to join our national board of directors |
The Canadian Breast Cancer Network (CBCN) is the national link between groups and individuals concerned about breast cancer, and represents the concerns of all Canadians affected by breast cancer. CBCN is unique in that all directors have experienced a breast cancer diagnosis; by joining the board you will help give a voice to the thousands of Canadians whose lives are impacted by breast cancer every year. We are currently seeking to fill two director positions on our national board of directors.
Click here to find out more.
|September 29-30, 2014: CBCN Advocacy Workshop, A United Voice for Metastatic Breast Cancer |
The Canadian Breast Cancer Network is pleased to announce that we will be hosting an advocacy training workshop in Ottawa, Ontario, from September 29 to 30, 2014. The advocacy workshop will focus specifically on metastatic breast cancer and will offer participants the opportunity to connect, enhance their communication skills, and effectively deliver strong advocacy messages to a wide variety of audiences. Preference will be given to applicants with metastatic breast cancer, as well as primary caregivers of women living with metastatic breast cancer.
For more information please click here.
|August 11, 2014: LBBC Webinar – Hereditary Breast Cancer |
Did you know that about 5-10 percent of breast cancers are hereditary, caused by abnormal genes passed from parent to child? During Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s free August webinar, Jennifer R. Klemp, PhD, MPH, MA, will help you:
- Understand some of today’s most compelling information about hereditary breast cancer risk
- Discover the benefits and limitations of genetic testing
- Learn how test results can help you make informed decisions
For more information, please click here.
- July 25, 2014: LBBC Webinar Metastatic Breast Cancer: Understanding and Finding Clinical Trials
- August 11, 2014: LBBC Webinar – Hereditary Breast Cancer
- August 14-18, 2014: YACC Retreat Yourself BC
- August 23 & September 6, 2014: Creative Writing Workshop, Ottawa
- September 19-21, 2014: Healing & Cancer’s Skills for Healing Cancer Weekend Retreat, St. Johns, NL
- September 19-21, 2014: MBCN 8th National Conference “Life with Metastatic Breast Cancer”, North Carolina
- September 21, 2014: Living Well Cancer Care & Prevention Show, Ottawa
- September 27, 2014: LBBC Annual Fall Conference, Philadelphia
- September 29-30, 2014: CBCN Advocacy Workshop, Ottawa
- October 24-26, 2014: Healing & Cancer’s Skills for Healing Cancer Weekend Retreat, Winnipeg
Last updated: July 30, 2014