The Voice of Canadians With Breast Cancer

your path to accessing financial resources


Planning Tips

Updating your Taxes

Most provincial government programs (e.g. provincial drug plans) and some charitable funds need a recent Notice of Assessment (i.e. personal tax return) as part of their application process.  If you are behind in filing your personal income tax returns, it is a good idea to get them up-to-date.  You can get tax return guides for each year through the Canada Revenue AgencyIf you feel you need help filling out this paperwork and cannot afford the services of a tax filing agency or accountant, speak to the social worker or patient navigator at your local cancer centre for suggestions.  Wellspring also offers volunteer assistance in certain regions.

If your taxes are up-to-date but you simply need a copy of your annual Notice of Assessment, there are two ways to obtain it:  (1) go on-line to the “My Account” section of the CRA website and register for an account; once registered, you can print any Notices of Assessments issued since February 9, 2015; (2) call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281 and request a copy be mailed to you.



Where metastatic drugs are available in Canada

Quick Find

Our Stories


See our calendar


We value your feedback

If yes, please provide the following information:

Glossary of Terms

Not sure of a term referenced in the FinancialNavigator?

Click here to find the definition.

Additional Information

I have information to help update this tool, who do I contact?

If you have additional information that would be helpful to include in this tool please email or call us at 1-800-685-8820.

Contacting CBCN

How can I connect with CBCN directly about specific questions?

Connect with us via email at or on the phone at 1-800-685-8820.